Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mom's Progress

So today the physical therypist came by again and mom is doind very well. She is gaining more confidence standing on her own and after her terapy session I took her for a drive. She was shocked to see how far the interchange in Layton is going and then we drove past her favorite spot - A&W Rootbeer to get a cone. She's like a kid with ice cream (but I am too).

When I arrived today dad was in quite the state - low blood sugar, could barely stand, couldn't see. I asked what I could get him and he muttered "a pepsi, in this blue carrier, by my chair". He was out of sorts most of the day and wouldn't eat until we offered him an arbys roast beef (which he believes the doctor said it would be fine for him to eat that for every meal since he's anemic). Anyway, this "diet" plan he's on is the lamest thing ever but who am I to change it?

I finished the painting today and it looks ok. The carpet is being installed tomorrow and then I will stay late and put up the shelves and clean everything up. Joe was very helpful to move the shelving units in as they are extremely heavy and he is (I think) planning on moving the washer and dryer out tomorrow morning.

Gretchen and Matt were over today - I think they are great friends with Joe and Vicki and they all seem to have a good time together. It's good to see Gretchen soo happy.

That's about it. Oh, one more thing...this new carpet is just going to add to the patchwork quilt of carpets at mom and dads. They have decided that they will put a laminate down in the kitchen, down the hall and in the dining room. It's not as expensive as they thought but they will have to wait until someone is available to install - that's the plan, I think.

3 comments:

  1. I know how nice it is when you're not feeling 100% to get a home face lift. Thanks for doing this for Mom and Dad, I know they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi - I know mom is excited. The other day dad yelled at me and asked when the "damn room" was going to be done. I said, "gee dad, I don't really know. I've been putting in 9 hour days with my own money, taking breaks to make your lunch and dinner and ten driving you to an appointment. What would you like me to do; work longer hours at night or stop feeding you?" He grumbled something and walked away.

    I'm really in it for mom - and she is really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well as we all know any inconvenience is just a reason to be ornery lol chin up girlie! Mom will be thrilled I know!

    ReplyDelete