Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thanks

I would just like to say I had a great time the other night at dinner. Karen so sorry you couldn't make it...I hope you are doing better. I know migraines can be almost impossible to deal with and I've only had two. It sounds like you get them more often and you've figured out some triggers so I hope they get fewer and further between.

Additionally Karen I appreciated your last post. I agree that Dad loves us and believes he would give up anything for our benefit. It is just so frustrating how he has almost no interpersonal skills. I also know...as do many of us... that Dad has always been this way. Michelle (cousin) said once that Aunt Barbara and Aunt Gerry tried to talk mom out of marrying dad; I don't know if that's true or not but he obviously displayed some unusal behavior that others observed so long ago. My point is that we cannot change who he is. That being said I can tell my kids he is a good person and then try to shelter them from the rude and hurtful comments dad says by limiting the time they spend with him. In all reality that's fairly easy for me since we live so far away.

Just as an FYI I've moved my flight up to Wednesday afternoon. I figured since the room was done and mom and dad were both very clear in telling me that Joe was sufficient help I should go home. This has been a very interesting trip for me - definately not what I had hoped for but it was really good to see you all.

I'll be stoping in to Mom and Dad's for a few minutes tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do but other than that I shall turn the "reins" over to Joe and Vicki.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie I hope your flight home was uneventful. Sorry your trip didn't turn out to be more enjoyable. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete